Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Quote, And Guinness

I've never been much of a networker. When I go to a conference, I'd rather have a good conversation with a new friend than try to weasel my way into some Important Person's circle. The good part: I meet cool, interesting people that become friends for a lifetime.

The bad part: I don't know anyone famous. And I've come to that part in the new book release business that I need quotes. Preferable from those very Important People I left alone at the bar, because I didn't want to seem like a suck-up.

I make a great fangirl to authors like Rick Riordan, James Patterson, Chris Grabenstein, Neal Shusterman, Elmore Leonard--I could go on for a while, but you get the picture. But now that it's time to grovel for quotes... I know they're not going to want to read my debut and quote that it's a rollercoaster ride and stuff.

And I'm terrible at asking for help. I once drywalled a whole room by lifting the sheets on my toes--a story for another time. Must be that stubborn Dutchness.

In case you're famous: I'll buy you a Guinness if you'll read my book. Oh, who am I kidding--I'll even buy you a Guinness if you're not famous, because it's all the same to me. And I like a beer and a good conversation with any writer, published or not. We all write one word at a time, right?

How 'bout you, YA Sleutheri? Are you good at asking for help, or are you a stubborn Dutch girl that way too?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar